Well, as I usually do on Friday the 13th, I'm going to share some odd little facts with you! This time it is on Friday the 13th itself. I found them on this website. :)
1. Contrary to our customs, in countries that speak Spanish and in Greece, Tuesday the 13th is unlucky instead! I'm glad that's not the case here... Glee night can't be unlucky! ;)
2. Part of the reason this day is unlucky is because it is believed that 13 seats at a table, like at the Last Supper, is unlucky. Twelve is an even, complete number such as the 12 apostles, 12 months, and 12 hours on a clock. Therefore, 13 is considered to be irregular and unlucky. I thought this was really cool!!!
3. 13 turns made the original noose. SCARY.
4. Friday is believed to be unlucky for a few reasons. One is the reference to this in The Canterbury Tales (a short story). Also, it is bad luck for a sailor to start a journey on a Friday. (I wonder why...) Lastly, Friday can also be considered unlucky because Jesus was crucified on Friday.
5. Friggatriskaidekaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th; I hope you don't have that! ;)
6. Lastly, up to 3 Friday the 13ths, but at least one, occur every year. This morning I heard on the news that this year there are 3, which all occur 13 weeks apart! FREAKY!!
Well, I hope you had a lucky day, enjoyed this post, and certainly hope you don't have friggatriskaidekaphobia! :)