Friday, April 13, 2012

HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!! (once again!)

Heeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy! IT'S FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!!! WHOA!!!  Did you have good luck today? My luck is about to get much better! Holy Musical B@man, by Team Starkid, is premiering on YouTube tonight!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! This is the best Friday 13th ever just because of Starkid and how totally awesome they are. :)


Well, as I usually do on Friday the 13th, I'm going to share some odd little facts with you! This time it is on Friday the 13th itself. I found them on this website. :)

1.  Contrary to our customs, in countries that speak Spanish and in Greece, Tuesday the 13th is unlucky instead! I'm glad that's not the case here... Glee night can't be unlucky! ;)
2. Part of the reason this day is unlucky is because it is believed that 13 seats at a table, like at the Last Supper, is unlucky. Twelve is an even, complete number such as the 12 apostles, 12 months, and 12 hours on a clock. Therefore, 13 is considered to be irregular and unlucky. I thought this was really cool!!!
3. 13 turns made the original noose. SCARY.
4. Friday is believed to be unlucky for a few reasons. One is the reference to this in The Canterbury Tales (a short story). Also, it is bad luck for a sailor to start a journey on a Friday. (I wonder why...) Lastly, Friday can also be considered unlucky because Jesus was crucified on Friday.
5. Friggatriskaidekaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th; I hope you don't have that! ;)
6. Lastly, up to 3 Friday the 13ths, but at least one, occur every year. This morning I heard on the news that this year there are 3, which all occur 13 weeks apart! FREAKY!!


Well, I hope you had a lucky day, enjoyed this post, and certainly hope you don't have friggatriskaidekaphobia! :)

Loves,

3 comments:

  1. Haha it's my birthday today! ahhh, superstitions!

    --gracie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (late) Friday the 13th! I had an awesomely providential day yesterday, too. :)

    I have tagged you! go to: http://americangirlphotographer.blogspot.com/2012/03/tag-lame-title-i-know.html

    Sorry it took so long for me to notify you... :P

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking the time to comment, YOUR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!! There are just three rules:
1.Be nice, don't use bad language or comment negatively.
2.Mean what you say. Don't write something just to write it, really mean what you are writing.
3.Most importantly, have fun!
Thank you for taking the time to comment! Note: Comment Moderation is on mainly so I know when I get comments *most* comments have been very nice.