Saturday, June 2, 2012

Makin' a Tie!

MAKIN' A TIE *EXCLAMATION MARK*
I'm really really really REALLY distracted right now, so this will be fascinating!

But anyway, this afternoon I didn't know what to do so I decided to try and make a tie for the dolls! Yup. A tie. AND HERE'S WHY:
  1. I mean, how many times are you dressing your doll and think "Hey, I wish I had a tie!"? Well that happens to me more frequently than I would like to admit!
  2. I've had ribbon for at least a year that's red and blue to make Warbler ties for Daphne. Haven't even started yet.
  3. I need some pretty ties with awesomely matching bright colored collared shirts for this doll I want to make... but I probably won't... but it would be totally awesome. \o/ ;)
So here is my final result:


Close up on the knot thing! :D
I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, of course everything is still attached by tape until I have more time to try and figure out how I can make this with hot glue instead. Once I do I will most definitely post a tutorial on YouTube! :D And then I'll figure out how to make a bow tie and make red and blue bow ties... and so the cycle continues!
Well, hope you enjoyed! Hmm.. I really need to post the second episode of Mr. Cloud.
I'll keep you updated on my tie progress. ;)

Peaces,


3 comments:

  1. If you slip tie the ribbon/fabric through a matching colored ponytail holder, it works really well, looks like a tie, and is easy to put on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I thought of making a doll tie today then I came across this! I can't wait to see the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *O* I've seen your awesome ties before, but that's really cool! Hey, if you want, I could probably sew you some ties! :D You know, since I dwell(XD) near your house. (WOW I sound like a creeper! Fail)

    ~Mr. W

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking the time to comment, YOUR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!! There are just three rules:
1.Be nice, don't use bad language or comment negatively.
2.Mean what you say. Don't write something just to write it, really mean what you are writing.
3.Most importantly, have fun!
Thank you for taking the time to comment! Note: Comment Moderation is on mainly so I know when I get comments *most* comments have been very nice.