Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Three Year Adventure

Three years ago today is when I very first started my blog.
After months of dying to have one, I had finally been able to create my very own AG centric blog. I was on the internet. The best thing that could happen to me was when I hit twelve followers, and Quinlyn started following my little blog.
At that time, I was the proud owner of 21 American Girl dolls and thought my slogan 'Peace, Love, and Dolls' was the most clever thing I had ever come up with.
I was still taking pictures with a small, cheap, pink cam corder. Not even a real camera.
But I loved it. I loved this blog so much, like there was no tomorrow.

But now, after three years in the blog world, I am such a hilariously different person. Seven AGs later, a new Bitty Baby, a fast growing Liv collection, and after introduction to Pullips, I have most certainly changed doll wise.
And about that pink camera? Now, I have official been through four cameras on this blog. There was the pink camera:
This kills me a little inside, but it makes me so happy at the same time to see how much I've improved. :3

Then there was my mom's old silver camera:
Honestly, what was I thinking?

Followed by my dear friend for a very long time, my Canon Powershot:
And most recently, the camera I have dubbed the "love of my life", my Nikon D3100:
 Photography wise, I hope you can see an improvement. ;)

I'm a little afraid to go back and look at my past writing styles, but I can assure you that has changed as well, just through my own personal feelings towards writing.

I've tried many things here, spoken of a lot of empty ideas, and even started A Doll Divided, never to be finished. (It was too stressful to keep up with...ehehe...) But even when blogging has been the very last thing I have wanted to do, I kept coming back. Countless times in the past seven months alone, I have wanted to give up and leave. But I haven't. I don't really know why, blame my weird sentiments, but I can't bring myself to leave this community. Though I've only developed a couple of friendships, the continuous kindness which greets me here is so wonderful. Every time I get a thoughtful comment, it brings a smile to my face even when the last thing I want to do is smile.

Blogging itself is hard. I can't say I love coming up with ideas to post things anymore, nor do I have time to do things like I used to. (Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, you can decide. ;) )
Without all of my readers, each and every one of you, I know that I couldn't have kept this up. I would have given up, I would have put some dolls away and never touched a camera again in my life.
Oh goodness, that would be horrible.

So what exactly is it I'm trying to say here....? Oh yeah.
Thank you. You. The one reading this. Yeah. I could never be who I am without you. These past three years have been an adventure. In real life, and here. I just want to thank you for being here. Reading this. And helping make my adventure just a tad more enjoyable.
I'll never know what my life would be like without you, and I most certainly don't want to know.


 *reminiscently uses first signature*







Dang, there are a lot of doll tags in this one. I've also started the 31 day challenge, so expect to see the first few days soon! :D

5 comments:

  1. You're awesome! Happy Blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. misspiggy=awesomeJuly 7, 2013 at 3:57 PM

    Aww. This is one of my favorite blogs! Happy three years of awesomeness- keep it coming!
    <3misspiggy=awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! You have always been one of my favorite bloggers because of your amazing writing and awesome photography (as well as your dolls' hilarious personalities). Happy blogoversary!!! :D Hehe that's funny, I'm getting a Nikon D3100 soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogoversary, Phoebe! :) It's fun seeing how far you've come. I don't always comment here, but I lurk often. ;) Keep up the great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't ever wanna see you give up photography, Phoebe. I know you love it, and I know you love dolls. But as with many things, there is something that is difficult about it, but you keep up with it because if the attachment to it. Happy three years, and here's to many more :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for taking the time to comment, YOUR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!! There are just three rules:
1.Be nice, don't use bad language or comment negatively.
2.Mean what you say. Don't write something just to write it, really mean what you are writing.
3.Most importantly, have fun!
Thank you for taking the time to comment! Note: Comment Moderation is on mainly so I know when I get comments *most* comments have been very nice.